Friday, January 6, 2012

No more Hwaaaattt?



I LOVE me a bacon, egg and cheese on an english muffin! MmmmMmm!  It is my go-to breakfast almost every single morning.  It's also probably why I have a few roly-poly rolls than I should.  That and all the other things I indulge in even though I tell myself that I am a healthy eater.

I think I tell myself that because generally, I am, I think....

See that conundrum?

I don't eat a lot of junk, I don't snack, I don't drink soda, coffee and don't have much of a sweet tooth either.  My indulgences, or rather, HA to indulgences, my diet consists mostly of proteins, dairy and I mean a lot of dairy because cheese is a lifestyle, and a lot of white wine.  I will eat carbs, though, I am pretty aware that my body and carbs don't really go--and up until this point, I have sort of fooled myself into thinking that I don't eat carbs, but look at that glorious breakfast!  All that ooey, gooey deliciousness wrapped up in lightly toasted carbs.

I don't eat fruit --I've never liked the stuff and I don't eat a lot of veggies, except sometimes I'll go through a couple of random days when I think greens taste good.

So, not to jump on the cleansing train or anything, because lord knows I hate following trends, but I think that the time has arrived where I need to flip the script a little a clean out the old engine.

Thus, I have been shopping around for a cleanse that I can actually follow for the next 21 days.  I found the first one that I liked in the Martha Stewart magazine called Whole Living and can also be found on http://www.wholeliving.com/challenge-week-1.  This one is definitely a little extreme.  Then I looked up a bunch of others that were not only terrifying because they consisted of ALL LIQUIDS but completely expensive which is totally out of my budget.  Then I found a cleanse that seemed way kinder and more realistic on http://hotmamas.wordpress.com/2012/01/01/new-years-cleanse/
which I think I'm going to combine with the Martha Stewart cleanse.

Why, WHY do we do this to our bodies?  I am certainly the LAST person who wants to deprive myself of the things I love, but sometimes, even I recognize that the body needs a little jump start to reignite some mojo--and I need me a little mojo because this is the year where I am pursuing tangible dreams---and since this time of year is when everyone else is going to be grumpy and in the throes of their own type of cleanse, now is as good a time as any, right?

Now, if only i can convince myself of that right around 6:00 pm..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment