Friday, November 18, 2011

I am obsessed!!


A fellow VISTA member recently lent this to my at one of our trainings and like Ender's Game, I am completely caught up in the ideas/ themes of this series.

It is similar to what I am writing about in my own novel, of which, I think I have finally come up with a decent scene.

The girl sits on the double stairs that leads down to the grubby garage smoking a cigarette.  A man suddenly appears in the darkness causing her to freeze for a second and then scream.  She leaps up the two steps an reaching for the door which she flings open and slams shut, locking it with a flimsy lock she knows will break easily.  What the fuck was that? She said to herself, the man looked completely out of place in the cold November night.  Barely dressed, his muscles tan and bulging.  She quickly dialed her phone, 911.

Anyway, that is a possible first paragraph and the MC's first interaction with her first member of the tribe, Forest People.

And then I've been really thinking about the first scene for 'Half Price Hope' which is going to be a romantic scene between Mary and Peter and the brilliant part of it is that they hook up at their X-mas office party, which as the audience will know, is their bosses birthday.  Which is the action that brings on his wrath, and will give a good time frame, a week, til the new year, when they have to unload all of their products or He will bring on the end of the world--at last, having lost His state of grace and generosity.

So, while these last few days have been seemingly unproductive as far as actual writing, things are mentally slipping into place and scenes are "revealing" themselves.  All I need to do is actually write them.

It would also be sortof nice if I could focus on just one of these pieces and finish it, but clearly, I can't focus on just one thing.  That would just be too easy! ARG.

No comments:

Post a Comment